Thanda Safari is a Luxury Private Game Reserve in Kwazulu Natal, South Africa. An Award Winning safari lodge offers a world of wilderness and wildlife, matched with a deep commitment to Zulu culture and environmental conservation. Thanda means ‘Love’ in the language of the Zulu people, and Thanda Safari lives this ethos in the management of its 14 000-hectare reserve, its three unique properties, and its community partnerships. Experience the ultimate safari and game lodge experience with Thanda Safari, which has repeatedly been named the World’s Leading Luxury Lodge.
Activities at the Lodge:
• Spend time with the conservation team.
• Experience the bush on foot with exclusive guided walks with specialist walking guides.
• And because they are part of our Zulu community, they offer a range of Zulu cultural and community experiences in their neighbouring villages.
• Two game drives per day with professional guide and tracker
Additional activities available:
• In the Path of Wildlife (Fully tailor-made activity) This activity is hosted by a member of the Wildlife Conservation Team.
• In the Footsteps of the Zulus (Fully tailor-made activity) Zulu guide and a 4x4 safari vehicle for transfers to the local Zulu village.
• Rhino Tracking (3- to 4-hour activity, maximum 4 ) This activity is hosted by a member of the Rhino Monitoring Team. Starting before sunrise, guests will help the team to track and identify the rhinos and learn all about their ecology, the threats to their species, their behaviour, their feeding patterns and much more.
• Hippo & Croc Cruise (5-hour excursion, ) Depart Thanda Safari for a 1½-hour drive to the St. Lucia Estuary followed by a 2-hour cruise to view numerous birds and wildlife, including hippos and crocs
• Zulu Blessing (1-hour, fully tailor-made activity, ) Includes a traditional Zulu blessing beneath the romantic marula tree along with a half-day private game drive.