Namibia, a country in southwest Africa, is distinguished by the Namib Desert along its Atlantic Ocean coast. The country is home to diverse wildlife, including a significant cheetah population. The capital, Windhoek, and coastal town Swakopmund contain German colonial-era buildings In the north, Etosha National Park’s salt pan draws game including rhinos and giraffes.
Namibia offers space, silence and the chance to really get away from it all....
1. Big wide open spaces and beautiful diverse scenery.
2. Birding is spectacular
3. The desert is truly beautiful: Namibia gives you a whole different perspective on the desert and the different landscapes that the desert presents to you. The dunes at Sossusvlei a must-visit especially at sunrise
4. The wildlife: Etosha National park, Caprivi region
5. The different cultures, Namibia is home to the Himba tribe
6. Namibia's extreme landscapes are a big part of why the country is so unique....